[chuck-users] interval keyboard

Michael Heuer heuermh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 00:06:02 EDT 2011

Right, thank you, Robert.  I've added asc()/ascending() and
desc()/descending() methods to Interval.ck to replace invert().


On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Robert Poor <rdpoor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Michael:
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 20:46, Michael Heuer <heuermh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My question is this, what should the method on Interval be called that
>> "inverts" it (from low-to-high pitch to high-to-low pitch)?
> In music theory, one talks about an "ascending" interval (i.e. C' to
> D' is an ascending major second) or "descending" interval (D' to C' is
> a descending major second).  I can't think of a term of practice that
> turns an ascending interval into a descending interval, but maybe
> 'ascending' and 'descending' are enough to get you going?
> - Rob
> _______________________________________________
> chuck-users mailing list
> chuck-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
> https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/mailman/listinfo/chuck-users

More information about the chuck-users mailing list