[chuck-users] static strings and the future

mario buoninfante mario.buoninfante at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 06:19:12 EST 2018

Hi,

I'd like to ask the same question about the development status.

the only thing I can say is that also if the development seems to be a
bit stuck, on the other side I noticed that they're pushing on the
educational side (see Kadenze courses), and if you look at the github
repository, there's been some update in the last 2 years.

but as you guys said, it's important to know what's the plan ;)

it's a couple of years I'm really diving into ChucK and I strongly
believe that is a good programming language which opens up a lot of
possibilities that other languages don't.

but at the same time I feel like it's been a bit abandoned (maybe that's
a huge word, let's say put aside ;) ) and of course using a "tool"
which has an "uncertain future" it's not the best thing.

I wish I was able to offer my contribution to the development, but
unfortunately I'm not really into C/C++, I'm more a "scripting language
guy" :)

btw, it would be nice to hear what developers and/or other users have to
say about it.

cheers,

Mario