VxWorks on IXP

Varnell, Frank frank.varnell at intel.com
Mon Nov 13 12:06:13 EST 2000

The vxworks_gig image includes the RTM netapp application. The only thing
you would then use Tornado for is to have a shell. The developers didn't use
a serial port shell, so you have to buy or obtain an eval Tornado for ARM
(version 2.0 NOT 2.0.1) to connect to the target if you need a shell.
To be more specific, set up your eval card to boot vxworks via the
instructions provided with your boad. Then set the vxworks parameters to
load vxworks_gig. Thats all you have to do. Packets will be routed according
to the compiled in tables.
These comments apply to the 1.0 release of the ixp eval.