[ixp1200] general programming framework

Abhijeet Joglekar abhijeet at cs.utah.edu
Tue May 7 20:12:35 EDT 2002

*****
One of the disks that you recd. should be labelled "BV Dist V 1.4" or
something. That has a readme_txt which explains the procedure for bringing
up the card in the PCI slot and also for downloading over the linux image
on it. It then tells about setting up the pci/network interface and at the
end of it, you should be able to ping between the board and the linux
host.

*****
Then install the SDK, on NT and on the linux machine.

Then $SDKROOT/src/microace/aces/tutorial1/README would have instructions
on
	* Compiling uc file on windows
	* Shipping them over to the linux box in $SDKROOT/bin/arm-be.
	* Then you build the "core" component of the application on linux
	* Then, assuming that you have mounted your SDKROOT on the board,
	you can setup your ixsys.config file and then run ixstart on the
	board.

******

I think these files should get you started with running the two
tutorials. You can then read the rest of the ACE Documentation from all
the docs supplied with the SDK when u are ready to write your own ACE
stuff.

Hope this helps.

	- Abhijeet