[ixp1200] Inter-ME uCode communication

Shyamal Pandya shyamalpandya at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 13:19:00 EDT 2003

I wrote my own MESource macro and I assigned ME-to-ME queues separately.
This has to be done carefully so as not to clash with the queues assigned by
the resource manager, otherwise you will end up clobbering the queues
already set up. I look at the resource manager source code will reveal the
queues that are assigned, so that you can determine your own queues. As
Abhijeet said, these are hard-coded.

Also if you look at the MESink macro, you will realize that the queues in
which the packets go depend on the output port, so if you want to put your
packets in a different queue you will have to write a different sink macro,
or  you will have to manilpulate the output port register in the sending
thread.

--
Shyamal Pandya

Arizona State University